We have good news for you!
Joyful Journey is accepting new enrollments. We are taking the proper precautions to keep our Friends safe while still offering the community atmosphere that enriches the lives of our Friends every day!
If you would like a copy of our full COVID Action Plan, please call us at Joyful Journey, an adult day center in West Lafayette, IN, at (765) 607-6156.
At Joyful Journey, education is a key piece of our plan to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19. We ensure that all people entering the building understand that infection control begins at home. Our Team and families learn about the symptoms and situations that prevent attendance and for how long.
If there are any questions about symptoms or attendance, we have a designated COVID representative to help answer them before you leave your house. Additionally, we begin our day at Joyful Journey with each Team member and Friend receiving a short health certification that includes a symptom and temperature check.
Joyful Journey also follows recommendations from the Tippecanoe County Health Department, the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).*
Vaccinated, Tested, Protected
The Joyful Journey Team receives rapid COVID testing once a week. Additionally, the entire Team will complete both stages of the COVID-19 vaccination process by February 12th.
Even with these precautions in place, we will still use the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protocols:
- All Team Members, volunteers and visitors are required to wear a mask at all times in the house.
- All Team Members are required to wear gloves during restroom assistance.
- All Team Members will wear gloves as needed when exchanging items person-to-person.
- It is highly recommended that all Friends wear a mask while they visit Joyful Journey. We will have masks available for Friends and visitors.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat
Joyful Journey holds a high standard for quality and cleanliness. The Joyful Journey Team will continue to disinfect all touched surfaces every night, paying close attention to high “touch” areas like armrests, door knobs, and restrooms. Additional cleaning and precautions include the following:
- The Team will disinfect all surfaces, chairs and supplies after each use when Friends move to a different room for activities. For example, after lunch the tables and chairs will be disinfected once Friends move to their next activity in the living room.
- The Team will deep clean and disinfect surfaces and restrooms each night.
- The Team will wash their hands for 20 seconds, at a minimum, every 30min, as well as use hand sanitizer in between hand washings.
- Friends will wash or sanitize their hands before and after lunch and snacks. The Team will encourage Friends to wash their hands between activities and frequently offer hand sanitizer throughout the day.
JOYful Activities and the New Normal
Maintaining a welcoming, warm, and home-like environment is important to our Team and Friends. So how do we accomplish this feeling during a pandemic?
The answer is with careful planning and attention to detail.
When Friends returned to the Joyful Journey house in June of 2020 (once the governor’s stay-at-home order was lifted), we made sure all of the furniture in the Joyful Journey house was arranged or removed to ensure proper social distancing of six feet.
Our organization is also committed to maintaining the capacity level of attendance that is compatible with social distancing recommendations.
The programming and activities offered at Joyful Journey are the cornerstone of each Friend’s quality of life. We continue to offer a variety of activities each day that enhance our Friends’ physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing. However, some modifications are necessary.
Each activity we offer has been assessed and modified to accommodate extra cleaning and physical distancing, while some game supplies are divided into individual packets for each Friend’s use in order to eliminate cross-contamination.
Yes, the delivery method of our programs has evolved and changed, but the joyful heart within our organization remains unwavering. Most importantly, our Friends continue to feel our love and attention even with some extra distance in between!
Safe Adult Day Community at Joyful Journey
We hope these safety procedures give you confidence that your experience with Joyful Journey will be as safe as it is enjoyable.
Get in touch with Joyful Journey, an adult day center in West Lafayette, IN, at (765) 607-6156 to schedule a tour of our House!
If you would like a copy of our full COVID Action Plan please give us a call at (765) 607-6156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.